Wednesday, April 23, 2014

New Work

I have this intense need to only craft botanical items these days. I also want to push myself to create larger statement pieces. There'll definitively be more of these kinds. I worked on this baby for the most part of yesterday. It came out so beautifully that I almost gasped after giving it the final patina and polish. I can honestly say that this is one of my all time favorite pieces I have made to date. A true labor of love which shows off all the elements that inspire me.
It will be listed later on today in my Etsy shop!


I also made this one. The amethyst needs to be set yet properly. I purchased this huge vintage amethyst in France two years ago. It's the best quality, clear, without any inclusions. Been working with tapered settings, which I don't normally like making. However, I think it's important to step out of ones comfort zone, in order to grow and get better. There can not be any progress in a boxed-in state of mind. 

On my bench are still a couple of necklaces and rings in the making. Hope to have them finished tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping by!

xx Sabine

No comments:

Post a Comment