Sunday, March 16, 2014

Starting my day

The benefits of living here in the south of Germany is that spring generally starts quite early. I love to go running at 7a.m. almost every morning. I find it extremely serene at that time. My run usually takes me through a wooden part and through the vineyards which are aplenty behind our place. It's quite charming hearing the birds chirp in the woods so early in the morning. This morning I even heard a woodpecker which I had not heard in years.


Running clears my head. It's almost some sort of therapy for me.




My days at the bench usually start around 9a.m. after having had my breakfast and a good dose of either green tea or coffee. I had never been a coffee drinker in the past, but since having moved here I  can't seem to stop. 

My week has been great! Been having a good few days behind the bench. I have been working on a cohesive line of simpler sterling silver jewelry which, if everything goes as planned will make it's debut sometime this spring. Those items will be in a separate shop though. It's been fun melting my silver scraps to try to use them in my new designs. All of my ring shanks are entirely handmade, from start to finish. I love my rolling mill. Well worth the investment!





These are just a few of the items I made this week. I'm taking a day off today. The weather is fantastic and I need to be outside. We are off to the Italian ice cream parlor. Can you believe that they actually have marzipan flavored ice cream? Delicious!!

Have a beautiful sunday and thanks for reading!!

-Sabine






No comments:

Post a Comment