Thursday, January 17, 2013

New work

Today I finished a piece I have been working on for quite a while. I like using stones that are cut and shaped to make it a bit  more challenging to work a design around them such as the variscite in this statement piece I finished today. I remember purchasing it in a place called Freiburg in the Black Forest area in southern Germany. Peter, who is a trained lapidary artist cuts many of my favorite stones and when I saw this beauty I had to have it, although it was incredibly expensive. I like unique stones that stand out from the rest even if they cost a bit more. In addition I find it really important to support handmade. There is something special about purchasing something handmade, that feeling of love and labour most of us artists feel when creating something.


Earrings on the bench waiting to be finished tomorrow!

Have a lovely day ya'll! 

Sabine

No comments:

Post a Comment