Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bench news and other ramblings

I do have to admit that I am quite envious of those of you who are going to attend the Tucson gem fair. Perhaps once I will make the long trek "over" there to check it out.
I will though attend the second largest gem show again in Sainte Marie aux Mines in France at the end of June. Can't wait. It's a heaven for jewelers.

I haven't talked about this before, however, John and I are planning on moving to Germany to be closer to my family. It will be also much much better business-wise since we'll be able to visit more gem shows, never mind the much lower cost of almost everything. John loves it there and can not wait to move. I am not sure when it will happen. Perhaps this year or next year.
Being closer to my family would mean a lot to me. My dad is very sick. He has got stage 4 prostate cancer which has moved to the bones in his shoulders. It makes it very hard to be so far away when a loved one is not well. He has taught me a lot. He was the one that introduced me to stones and the lapidary arts. Dad has always been very creative and for him to be unable to continue doing his crafts hurts a great deal. Last summer he was still carving figurines in wood.

I have not lived in Germany since I left for Canada in 1991. It will be challenging without a doubt, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, at least from my experience.
Looking forward to be near a Starbucks ( yeah, I know, but that is something I miss greatly here in Norway ). Small things folks are what matters...hehehe.
I won't though drive 2.5 hours to drive to the Airport in Oslo just to get to Starbucks. That, by the way is the only Starbucks in Norway!!
I almost cried when John and I went to Cologne about a year ago and noticed a Starbucks. I must've looked ridiculous the way I freaked out! Small things folks are what matters...hehehe

Anyhoo, before I ramble on too much I would like to show you a couple of necklaces that I finished today. I had them lying on the bench for a few days now and today I finally managed to put the last few touches on them. The agua nueva one has already sold! *Thank you*

There will be a couple more necklaces in the next two days!

Wishing you all a wonderful wednesday!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment